Thursday, 3 February 2011

Famous People with Scoliosis

“I had a back brace [for scoliosis] but this kid in my class [at the United Nations high school] had been a child solider in Sierra Leone, so I felt lucky.  Plus, I was taught never to dwell on it.  The feeling was, if you’ve got your arms and your legs and your health, then you can figure everything else out.” -Elettra Wiedemann  (model)




Elizabeth Taylor told America's W magazine: "I was born with scoliosis, but it has finally caught up with me. My body's a real mess. If you look at it in the mirror, it's just completely convex and concave. I've become one of those poor little women who's bent sideways. -askmen.com


 
Sarrah Michelle Gellar (famous for her role in Buffy the Vampire SLayer)



 

Most famous for her role in "Ugly Betty," Rebecca Romijn has also appeared in several X-men movies, as well as an episode of "Friends." In an interview with Ellen DeGeneres, she said:
"Everyone knows what it feels like to feel different from everyone else. When I was thirteen I was diagnosed with scoliosis and I shot up like six inches over the next four or five years and my body was just in so much pain and nobody told me that exercise would have helped that. I mean, I was like, in fact that was why I became a theatre geek, because I stayed away from sports all together, cause I was so self conscious and in so much physical pain from my body and now I do Pilates, which actually helped tremendously with scoliosis because scoliosis is something that is always there." -LOVELYish

inspiration : LOVELYish

3 comments:

  1. I read before that the beautiful actress, Isabella Rosselini (not sure on spelling) also has Scoliosis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. suka dengan "sarrah". dia PD meski scolinya keliatan :)) tapi bukan berarti aku suka dengan orang yg terlalu PD nunjukin scolinya, lho.. kalau punggungnya jerawatan dan tubuhnya gak pantes pake backless, itu mah gak tau diri aja namanya! haha :) btw, aku baru post cerita baru. kunjungi sesekali ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Isabella Rosselini also has scoliosis :) thanks to mr.Google, I found the list of the famous people with scoliosis

    @Indi: :) hahahaha ok ntar ta mampir yah

    ReplyDelete