Saturday, 29 January 2011

Yoga and Scoliosis

My mother is a doctor, I am a doctor also, Why it took me 26yrs to find out that I have deformity in my spine? I don't know, I don't want to blame anybody, even God, I know this happened because of a reason, or maybe reasons. I just need to find out what it is.

My husband and I spent a lot of time to find out scoliosis' treatment, then we found out about Ann Baros. She is a yoga teacher with over 30 years experience. She has led workshops both domestically in California and Colorado, and internationally in Singapore, Jamaica, Greece, Mexico, Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur, as well as as her beloved Bali, which has become her second home and remains where her heart is always. Ann first studied with BKS Iyengar in India in 1976 who personally guided her into curing her own scoliosis. I sent her an e-mail asking if she could give me some informations about practicing Yoga to deal with my scoliosis.

I do Yoga with my husband a couple months ago @JakartadoYoga, an instructor, a local one, I forgot her name, she told me that I have scoliosis, but I didn't believe her. Well... even she whisphered it but another class member could heard it. Was it embarassing? Yes, I thought so. That's why I thought she was wrong, but she isn't. Now I have an x-ray that proves that Yoga instructor was right!

I'm looking for a private Iyengar Yoga instructor now, I prefer a female one, I haven't get any information yet.



Up above is my first x-ray in my life. I went for a radiology test because my ECG shown a LVH result, the x-ray pic conform it, I have Cardiomegaly and another big surprise, a thoracal spine (dextro convex) scoliosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment